KnittenKaboodle - Handcrafted Fiber Art to Fit Your Lifestyle

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Subtle Stripes


I've been having wonderful fun working with yarns designed to stripe as they are knit, but with a twist -- combining different yarns in texture and colorway. As the piece develops, the colors unfold in marvelous patterns, yielding rich and warm variations -- but evolving gently. These particular scarves use a rich sock yarn of silk and merino wool and a contrasting yarn of silk, cotton, merino and a little sparkle of poly here and there. The yarns are soft and washable, and continue to soften over wearing. No two are the same!! I feel as if I'm painting with yarn as I create these wonderful pieces. Many thanks to the wonderful Yan Qian for the inspiration and design concept. For detailed choices and examples, see more under 'Hand Knits' at KnittenKaboodle.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my BLOG. I am always happy to hear your ideas and thoughts on future projects!