KnittenKaboodle - Handcrafted Fiber Art to Fit Your Lifestyle

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Creative Process Continues - Back from NYC



Back at the workshop, returned from a great trip to Vogue Knitting Live in NYC.  There is a lot of snow out there and I'm happily back in the workshop brimming with ideas and inspiration.  I was able to take two very different workshops from two very different, but enormously talented people.









The wonderful and bubbly Judy Pascale http://www.judypascale.com/index.htm taught a day-long seminar in the art of Japanese water-felting, called Nuno Felting.  This painstaking process of imbuing wool and silk fibers into a silk (or other fine woven natural fabric) base yields an amazing new fabric, which is soft and strong and lovely.  I am not so sure about my first attempt, although kind people close to me say it is lovely.  Over the months to come I plan to work a lot more on Nuno felting, and hope to have some lovely offerings in the future.
  
My first Nuno project - 'Mountain Trees'



From Vogue Knitting Fall 2010



The second workshop I was lucky enough to get into, was with the talented Brooke Nico of Kirkwood Knittery in St. Louis http://www.kirkwoodknittery.com/ .  She is an avid lace knitter with many published designs in knitting magazines, who shared her knowledge on how to design and document lace shawls and scarves.   Although KnittenKaboodle will not ever create and sell these patterns, they are inspiration for future original ideas and projects and beautiful examples of what is possible in the world of couture knitting for the intrepid knitter!

From Knitters Magazine Fall 2010



  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my BLOG. I am always happy to hear your ideas and thoughts on future projects!