KnittenKaboodle - Handcrafted Fiber Art to Fit Your Lifestyle

Friday, February 14, 2014

Completed

Charley Harper prints from Birch Fabrics: multiple prints.  Pattern adapted from Jacquie Gering, published by Interweave.



I did rip out neutral stitches and replace with blue - all the same now!
Whole cloth side: Charley Harper by Birch Fabrics 'Nuthatch'

So, yes, I did sit down and on a snow day here in Central Pennsylvania, I removed all the stitches where I accidentally used the wrong bobbin (see previous post).  Although everybody was so nice and told me I shouldn't, and I do not worry about the Quilting Police carrying me away, it did bother me and in the end, made the change.  Now I am happy with the final result and it is already in use in the house.

Then the question is 'What is Next', which isn't a fair question as I always have multiple projects going at any one time, like most knitters and quilters.  But the next thing I will talk about in terms of the creative process is a sweater that has been in the works for some time, but I am finally closing in on completion.  It is difficult to complete things when you do not work on them, but I have to set aside personal projects from late August until Christmas in order to work on projects for the holiday season.

This sweater is my own design, inspired by an inexpensive sweater I got in a department store.  I liked the style and shape, but the yarn is not of a particularly good quality.  I also wanted to make a sweater for warmer temperatures (it will get warm again, won't it??), so I chose one of my very favorite yarns Madeline Tosh Merino Light in a spring-summer color way, Grapefruit.  I am working on completing the second sleeve and soon will be ready to put together the back, fronts, and sleeves then add neckline band (similar to bottom band shown below).  Stay tuned for progress reports.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my BLOG. I am always happy to hear your ideas and thoughts on future projects!