KnittenKaboodle - Handcrafted Fiber Art to Fit Your Lifestyle

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Highland Cowls!

It has cooled off here in Central Pennsylvania and I have to turn my attention to the upcoming holiday season (oh-no, it's coming!!).  However I too have been swept up in this wonderful world of super bulky cowls that showed up on the Scottish Highlands recently, so I created these for the upcoming holiday season.  My version is a bit smaller because I don't want to burden anyone with miles of knitting and excess bulk, since we are not wearing giant hoop skirts to balance out the look!

That said, I selected interesting yarns to yield a deep texture and weaving of colors.  The fibers are soft merino with ribbon accenting the taupe cowl (will be at Tait's Harvest shop starting November 7th) and a blend of alpaca, merino, and silk-kid mohair in the umber cowl ( on my website now )

Highlander Cowls at KnittenKaboodle




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my BLOG. I am always happy to hear your ideas and thoughts on future projects!