KnittenKaboodle - Handcrafted Fiber Art to Fit Your Lifestyle

Sunday, August 7, 2011

True Blue

We are so excited to have a new creation from contributing artist Betty Sebastian!  Drawing her inspiration from the lovely surroundings and warm climate of South Carolina, Betty focuses on using highest quality alternative fibers, which especially appeal to people with allergies to wool and wool blends. 

She has crafted a take-anywhere wrap that is as sturdy as it is pretty, and sports a wonderful sheen indicative of silk (but without the special care concerns!).  A great way to ward against overly chilly air conditioning or to throw on once those evenings begin to cool off. 

The stitch work is so pretty, yet contemporary it works well with anything from sundresses to denim.

Crochet is not just afghans and granny squares and I invite you to indulge in Betty's lovely wrap.  http://knittenkaboodle.com/handknits.htm








I will write more about crochet in future blogs, as I am continually impressed by the depth and variety of stitches and uses for this particular craft form.  For me personally, I am far less experienced in this craft and am proud to offer works from other fine artists.  To learn more about crochet, please check out    http://www.crochetyourway.com/  by Misty Ledbetter.

A final note today: a small journey to South Carolina!



Deck chair view


Low Country View


Sunrise on another lovely day


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a beautiful crochet wrap! I love the lacy pattern and the color!

    Thanks for the link to my blog!

    Misty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing my BLOG. I am always happy to hear your ideas and thoughts on future projects!